Fraud Blocker Skip to main content

Home > Animals > Mammals > Muridae > Fortior

ME 109 forced down in a cornfield on the south east coast of England. 28th July 1940

ME 109 forced down in a cornfield on the south east coast of England. 28th July 1940

Photo Prints
Jigsaw Puzzles
Poster Prints
Canvas Prints
Fine Art Prints
Metal Prints
Home Decor

We accept all major credit cards

Memory Lane Prints

Wall Art and Photo Gifts from Memory Lane

Staff
Daily Mirror
Mirrorpix
England

Media ID 21890376

© Mirrorpix

Luftwaffe Air Raid

FEATURES IN THESE COLLECTIONS

> Animals > Mammals > Muridae > Fortior

> Memory Lane Prints > Mirror > 1400to1499 > 01443

ME 109 Forced Down - A Glimpse into the Battle of Britain

EDITORS COMMENTS
. This print captures a pivotal moment in history during World War Two. On the 28th of July, 1940, on the south east coast of England, a Messerschmitt Bf 109 aircraft from the Luftwaffe was forced down in a cornfield. The image showcases the aftermath of this dramatic event that unfolded during the intense air raids. As we delve into this snapshot from Memory Lane Prints, we are transported back to an era defined by conflict and resilience. The photograph serves as a reminder of the bravery and determination displayed by both sides during one of history's most significant battles - the Battle of Britain. The sight is awe-inspiring; amidst vast fields of golden corn stands an emblematic symbol of war. The damaged ME 109 lies abandoned, its once mighty wings now tattered and broken. This haunting scene encapsulates not only destruction but also victory for those defending their homeland against relentless attacks. Intriguingly captured by staff members behind Memory Lane Prints, this image offers us a glimpse into life on the home front during wartime. It reminds us that even in times filled with uncertainty and fear, ordinary people found strength within themselves to face adversity head-on. Let this poignant photograph serve as a testament to those who fought valiantly for freedom and peace – reminding us never to forget their sacrifices or take our liberties for granted.

MADE IN THE USA
Safe Shipping with 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

FREE PERSONALISATION*
We are proud to offer a range of customisation features including Personalised Captions, Color Filters and Picture Zoom Tools

FREE COLORIZATION SERVICE
You can choose advanced AI Colorization for this picture at no extra charge!

SECURE PAYMENTS
We happily accept a wide range of payment options so you can pay for the things you need in the way that is most convenient for you

* Options may vary by product and licensing agreement. Zoomed Pictures can be adjusted in the Cart.

redeem
Beautiful Photo Prints and Gifts
Professionally Printed
inventory
Photo Prints are in stock
thumb_up
Professional quality finish
diamond
Made with high-grade materials
inventory_2
Carefully packed to aid safe arrival

Related Images

Sodomites Go Blind
Sodomites Go Blind
Messerschmitt Bf-109G
Messerschmitt Bf-109G
On Any Sunday Star
On Any Sunday Star
Annie Leibovitz American portrait photographer at the National Portrait Gallery, London
Annie Leibovitz American portrait photographer at the National Portrait Gallery, London
The cellar at Idols / The Lazy Pig in Whitley Bay which contained a record of air raids
The cellar at Idols / The Lazy Pig in Whitley Bay which contained a record of air raids
A German Luftwaffe fighter plane downed by the RAF and resting on the beach at Norfolk
A German Luftwaffe fighter plane downed by the RAF and resting on the beach at Norfolk

+

Shipping

+

Choices

+

Reviews

+

Guaranteed